Wednesday 20 April 2011

When Work Gets In The Way !

It happens ... right?     There are loads of people who write and do other things  -   like the day job - the one that pays the bills!

So January 2011 dawned and with it a three month training course ... ye Gods!     For my sins, I'm a Health & Safety Business Partner (doesn't that sound grand) - and yep the powers that be decided it was time for yet more information to be pushed into my brain.     Personally, I felt like asking if there was a writing course I could attend ... but then they'd only have sent me on a report writing course and that's not what I'd have been driving at!

End of March saw a full day of exams plus a practical, and training for me was once more at an end - at least for the time being.    Now, for weeks all I've wanted to do is write, but I'm not finding it easy to get back into the rythym - damn the day job some might say!

Anyway, as I struggle to get my creativity going again, I'm wondering if maybe it's the thought of those pesky exam results looming at the end of June that are interefering with my writing ... time will tell!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment