Wednesday 30 June 2010

Step Away From The Book .....

Now here's the deal - you start to write a chapter - if you're lucky you've called it something more than just a number. This is good, I'm thinking, because it gives the reader just a little tiny clue as to what that chapter is about - so far, so good! Then, you start to type. At first, the words flow -so much so you glance at the wordcount thinking 'I must be well through' - again if you're on a roll, you may well be! Then it happens - see you know, or have some vague idea as to what you want to happen in this chapter, but all of a sudden you're stumped - IT'S NOT FLOWING!

CRAP!

So - if you're me, you go downstairs, make yourself a cup of tea and return to the laptop. All of a sudden a little nugget of something starts to flow through and you're off - ONLY TO HIT ANOTHER WALL! Now, while you've been tapping away your tea's gone cold! So - if you're me, you go back downstairs and make another one - thinking - 'this time I'm drinkin it'!

I did this THREE times last night .... yeah - I know you're getting it - I can already see you smiling!

PS: and here I am tonight trying very hard to get back on track ... and you've guessed it (I'm on blogger because I've run out of milk!)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment