Monday 12 April 2010

Romance on the Dark Side

I must confess I've spent an awful lot of time since November of last year reading a different kind of romance. Now for me there was only one kind of romance ..... modern, modern heat, blaze ..... mmmm.. well maybe more than one! So what happens when you add romance to the darker side of life - well it just all becomes even more alluring! I guess what I'm saying is that I may have to stay on this side for a little while longer - Amazon have sent me lots of 'dark' books to read! They did - honestly - they really, really did!

M

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mavis,
    Which "dark" romance books have you been reading? I like the dark side, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wy - Ive read all of the Twilight Saga novels because my niece recommended them! Then I pulled all of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Insruments series and loved them. I've read some of the Nocturnes .... because you just need something a little bit more grown up! Thing is I've got to go on Amazon and look for some more 'grown up' stuff - any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Mavis, a few authors on the dark side that I really enjoy are:

    - J.R Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series (my current faves!)
    - Marjorie M. Liu's Dirk & Steel series (LOVE her writing style)
    - Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series (fairly quick reads)
    - Nalini Singh's Psy-Changling series
    - Jennifer Lyon's Wing Slayer series

    I haven't read any Cassandra Clare books, but did read the Twilight series. The books above are most definitely dark and grown up in comparison. And did I mention that I love Marjorie M. Liu's writing?
    Let me know if you pick any of those up. Would be cool to compare. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wy .... thanks for that!!!! Now I'm off to have a look for them on Amazon!

    ReplyDelete